Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Too busy eating to post . . .

For only the second time in three and a half weeks, I've had to buy my own lunch at work (scheduled lunch got cancelled at the last minute -- sad!), so I will take the time to start posting about various meals I've had so far.

My first day lunch: Tao
My associate mentor took me out on the first day -- I knew we were well paired when she told me that she and her husband had to go by the butcher shop where Bill worked in "Heat" on their recent trip to Italy -- and I really enjoyed it. If the two-story Buddha were a bit smaller, it would be ridiculously, but luckily it is so huge as to cross over into cheesy-awesome.

We shared the TAO Angry Dragon Roll with Eel & Kabayaki Sauce to start -- not sure what made it "angry," just seemed to be a pretty normal avocado and eel roll, but quite tasty -- and L says I get credit for introducing her to eel, of which she is now a fan. I got the Crispy Filet of Red Snapper with Spicy Thai Peanut Sauce -- pretty much what that description claims it will be, and I really enjoyed it, although I didn't find it or anything else we had to be particularly spicy (and I'm a bit of a spice wuss). Spicy Hoi Yin Eggplant was also good, but the garlicky Asian Green Stir Fry was fantastic. I'm a sucker for garlic + greens. Sugar Dusted Doughnuts with Sweet Yuzu Dipping Sauce were competent doughnuts, and their presentation in a white Chinese food container meant that I was able to take the leftovers back to the office for later-in-the-day snack.

Summer of Food = off to a strong start.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker